Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day Eleven

A Few of My Favorite Things

Volume One

I am not a particularly big fan of chickens. They are certainly not what I wanted the theme of my kitchen to be. That being said, here is my collection of chicken dishes that I proudly display on my hutch. Both the hutch and the dishes came to me from my Grandmother when she moved into a nursing home. The chicken adorned plates, mugs, salt and pepper shakers, butter dish, creamer and sugar bowl belonged to her mother (my great grandmother), were passed down to her, are now here with me and will one day be passed along to my girls. 1-11-09

2 comments:

  1. I think that is awesome and they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hutch was also her mothers. I am glad you have them displayed. You can send an email to Grandma and a picture she would probably enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete